Saturday, June 17, 2006

Do I really look like a Flamingo?

Recently, the daughter and I were out and about.....dropping off her car for a minor repair, running other errands, etc. It was just cool enough for a light weight jacket so I brought my brand new Liz Clairborne got on sale for a fabulous price reversable jacket....perfect for the day coat which happens to be pink on one side and paisley pink and tan on the other. As I get out of the car where she is dropping me off.....her comment--
"you know....you look like a flamingo in that coat don't you?"
"A Flamingo???"
"yeah...it's a pretty pink coat mom"
"but a good price, the right weight .."
"but very PINK"
"A Flamingo?"
"mmn yea...maybe you should wear the black coat...Um you're kinda embarrassing me"
"ME an EMBARASSAMENT? surely you jest"
"umm ....no"

The fashion police are alive and well and apparently living with me....although I always assumed they were watching out for the husband and not me.

2 comments:

GR8UMPS3 said...

Women are so judgemental. How do you all get along with each other and why do men not understand the constant critical eye each of you have for each other? Seems to be an oxymoron to me.. Oh wait it's the moron part of that the men are atributted to.. ok the spelling spells butt.. Gotcha.

MotherOf3Guys said...

Flamingo??? This from the fashion critic that wore a shawl for a skirt and a wrap around dress over pants? (Although in all fairness, she did pull those off pretty well....) Anyway, I actually benefited from your "fashion police" not liking her bolero pants you bought her..I get losts of compliments on that outfit! Thanks!