Wednesday, July 09, 2008

ABC Wednesday Y is for Yoda


Today is ABC Wednesday. I wasn't sure I was going to come up with anything for "Y" as I have already done Yellow and Yeast...and my brain was having trouble thinking of more Y's! But....while walking through one of my sons' rooms, I saw this. What I like about this is the depiction of time from my point of view. There was a time that my boys lived for Star Wars. We even had an R2D2 toy chest....which was way more fun to play with when there were no toys in it I might add.......Looking at his book shelf, I see the love of his youth and how he grew up. Notice the shot glasses? and the vase from his trip to Berlin...also on the shelf was a souvenir from Australia and the Berlin wall.....and other items from college and his travels to China...where he currently lives. How time flies.
Please stop over at Mrs. Nesbitt's place to look at all the creative "Y" choices!

8 comments:

Rose said...

This brings back so many memories! My two sons were fairly young when the first Star Wars movie came out, and they were enthralled. One son just turned 36 last week, and his wife gave him a set of Star Wars light sabers:)
Sorry I haven't dropped in for awhile; I do the ABC posts occasionally, but not every week. I'm all ready for when we get to C week, though! (Hint: I am a big sports fan.)

Great post.

Dragonstar said...

What great memories to have - and so useful, too. Does he have anything for Z?

Leslie: said...

Gosh, Star Wars!!! That takes me back, for sure.

Daryl said...

WONDERFUL choice .. I loved Yoda more than any of the other Starwars characters~

:-Daryl

nonizamboni said...

Sweet trip down memory lane and my husband still can't get enough of Star Wars. It is always touching to see what our children have put away from their youth.
Great Y post!

Alan said...

"There is no try, only blog." :)

Jan said...

My son didn't like to read as a first grader, but then that summer we went to see "Star Wars" and bought him the paperback. He has been an avid lifetime reader (and Star Wars fan) since that time.

Shammickite said...

I hope you'll post more pictures of the bride's dress (previous post) it's absolutely gorgeos. What a stunning picture!
As for Star Wars, we have ALL the toys, packed away in boxes ready for the next generation. We even have the blueprints for the Millennium Falcon.... just in case we need to build one. Ah, Star Wars! Fabulous stuff wasn't it? And it still is.....