While on a nature hike, we found this tree that had been used by a woodpecker. I was amazed at the design of the holes as they work to get the insects out of the dead tree.
Our 2026 England Trip Overview
-
It was *3 years ago* when we last visited England for a Shutterchance (SC)
meetup with our fellow photobloggers, which means it was definitely about
time...
2 weeks ago

4 comments:
Have you ever heard a woodepecker clanking on a light pole? We've had generations of them in our neighborhood. I have always wondered just have brain damaged they are from that racket.
(Your photo is gorgeous. Looks like a page froma nature calendar.)
You didn't post fprages and now I know why! Love that unicorn, and those evenly spaced woodpecker holes in the log are quite fascinating. No hope of any juicy little critters getting away!
Amazing regular and systematic pattern!!
It could be another language, Neva! :)
Post a Comment