Tuesday, January 24, 2006

How can you be too loud in a bowling alley??

To those of you that know me, you know I am a bowler. I know, I know....if someone would have said I would not only own my own shoes but own MY OWN BAll 5 years ago I would have laughed them off the face of the earth!!! But there you have it, I am a bowler and I LOVE bowling..
Sometimes I am really good and sometimes I am really not. Mostly I do it because it is fun-but I have also gone from bowling 98 to an average of 162--which makes it more fun let me tell you. I have yet to bowl a 600 (599 is the closest I've gotten and close only counts in horsehoes and hand grenades) but I love trying. I have even gotten the husband to join a couples league every other Sunday night.
While I look forward to every other Sunday in anticipation of throwing that perfect game.....husband is spending as much time dreading it. I think it is because it is the only game,sport, activity that I am actually better than he is. (He has a 130 average...mostly because he doesn't care as much as I do.) The truth of the matter is , the more you bowl the better you get. I used to bowl in 3 leagues and he only bowled in one so that proves MY theory (I now only bowl in 2....I had to fit work into my days!!!)
I bowl to have fun not to win money and it's a good thing since I am not THAT good..
I have a huge problem with the bowlers who are oh so serious and need their individual space don't get me wrong....I am a rule follower from way back. I KNOW the rules and I follow them -I also expect YOU to follow them but we can have a lot of fun doing it.So, while I am bowling and having fun, I really hate to be told that I am being too loud.
Now I ask you.....HOW CAN YOU BE TOO LOUD IN A BOWLING ALLEY???........have you BEEN in a bowling alley?????? it is not the library(where I do work during the day so yes I DO know how to be quiet.....it is my job to make sure EVERYONE is quiet where I work(and if you know me , you KNOW how hard that is for me.....)
I can assure you, being told to quiet down in the bowling alley is not how you want to meet me. It's not a tournament, we're not bowling for millions, there are no Cameras rolling, we're not at the opera or the symphony ( and quiet is a requiremnt at those places) so shut your trap and throw your darn ball and don't make me come over there and give you a lesson in bowling etiquette ..
And, yes I bowled well tonight......200, 170, 163
SIGH......still not a 600 and I don't care HOW loud I was.
So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

6 comments:

MotherOf3Guys said...

I am totally impressed that you even came close to 600! All those times in WV at 25 cent bowling must have paid off! I would bowl just to see you tell someone the bowling etiquette...that would be worth the trip!

Neva said...

I think it was the 25 cent hot dogs that really did it for me!

Jeff said...

i can't believe that we spent so much time together last year and not once went bowling. Bowling is def. one of my favorite things to do, and i'm a stickler for etiquette, BUT i like to have the most fun out there.... i.e. when i know it's going to be a strike, i do a pre-emptive dance signifying that i know it's a strike. i have a whole list of different strike dances.

GR8UMPS3 said...

OK let me see. the constant rolling of a bowling ball and the smack of pins hitting each other.. does not even compare to the screeching.

eric............Eric.........ERic........ERI........ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neva said...

Jeff, you should see MY strike dance...and Tom....would that be an oxymoron that I work in a library with a voice that can shatter glass??? and grumump ..just for you......ERRIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCC!!!!!!!!

GR8UMPS3 said...

Ok Ms.Blunt We are waiting for your next Blog.. I thought you always had a lot to say about everything?