Friday, April 20, 2007

Another dog story

I know I know.....unless you have or had a puppy recently this is probably becoming tiresome reading about the puppy but this was funny even to me....

I went to Obedience class --with the puppy!- and as we were working, I couldn't get him to sit without backing up...tried and tried and finally the trainer came over "to show me how".

You would think I had never taken a dog to obedience before....she marched Clancy around the ring and he sat EVERY SINGLE time for her in the correct position. As she gave him back to me she commented that maybe I should be a "little more forceful and show him who is boss."

Well, I told this to the next door neighbor who is 26 and has lived next to me for 20 years and his comment was:

K: Gee, Mrs. O. I bet you wish you had a nickel for everytime someone has said that to you.
Me: Well K......it was pretty interesting
K: you'd probably have...what? a nickel?
Me: ummmm.....probably!

This is only funny if you can picture ANYONE telling ME I need to be more forceful about anything!

1 comment:

MotherOf3Guys said...

THIS IS A FUNNY STORY from someone who definately knows you!!! I would have been rolling on the floor when your neighbor asked about the 1 nickel thing!!!